Generally (pun intended) speaking, plumbing issues fall into two categories: obvious and not-so-obvious. If you have ever returned home and found wet carpets, or water standing in rooms of your house where it shouldn’t be, you have experienced the former of the two. While these types of problems can certainly be very damaging, they are usually easy to diagnose: a burst water line or a leaking washer or water heater.
It’s the not-so-obvious plumbing issues that can sneak up and get you, causing significant damage or health hazards that could have been prevented. With that in mind, here are some plumbing issue warning signs that the plumbing professionals at General Air Conditioning & Plumbing advise all homeowners in the Coachella Valley not to ignore:
- Rattling and noisy pipes. This is a possible precursor to a pipe rupture or break.
- Discolored water. It should be clear; if it is any earth tone color, it could be contaminated, or it could indicate a rusted water heater getting ready to spring a leak.
- A running toilet or dripping faucet. It won’t be long before you begin to notice increases in your water bill.
- Low water pressure. This could indicate a blockage/restriction in a water line somewhere or a leak.
- Slow sink or shower drains. Left unattended, they will eventually stop draining completely and will be much harder to unclog.
- Dampness or small puddles of water near your appliances. Remember, when it comes to leaks, from small things big things come.
Like we said, don’t ignore the warning signs. Call us today for a complete plumbing system inspection. We will detect any leaks or other issues and repair them promptly, possibly preventing you from more costly repairs and damage to your home down the road. Our professionally licensed plumbers can handle any and all plumbing problems and repairs; from water pipe/main leaks, drain cleaning, water heater replacements and toilet and fixture repairs. Don’t wait … call the General!