Our Ductless Mini-Split Services in Palm Springs & Palm Desert
Do you struggle to keep certain rooms comfortable? Are you looking for a better solution than adding a window AC unit? At General Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we hear these concerns all the time. Fortunately, there’s a solution—ductless air conditioning. We are proud to provide the following ductless HVAC services to our customers:
- Ductless mini-split repair
- Ductless mini-split installation
- Ductless mini-split maintenance
Ductless Mini-Split Repair
Mini-split systems are lauded for their durability, but they do break down sometimes. If your mini-split AC blows warm air, produces unusual odors, or won’t turn on at all, don’t ignore the problem. The General can get your system back and up running with a quick, reliable repair.
Need help now? Call us 24/7 to request emergency ductless AC repair.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation
- Adding air conditioning to older homes without ductwork
- Eliminating hot and cold spots throughout the house
- Introducing heating and cooling to rooms without central air, including the attic, garage, sunroom, or home addition
- Upgrading old HVAC equipment to something more versatile and efficient
If you think a ductless mini-split could be right for your Palm Springs or Palm Desert home, call the General to request an installation estimate today.
Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance
Routine maintenance is the best way to keep any HVAC system running smoothly, including ductless AC units. Some tasks are easy to perform, such as replacing or cleaning the filter and keeping the outdoor unit free of obstructions. Other tasks require the skills, tools, and knowledge of a trained technician.
To schedule professional ductless mini-split maintenance in your area, please contact the General.
FAQ About Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Most people are familiar with central air conditioners and furnaces, but these systems aren’t right for every situation. As you consider your home heating and cooling needs, find the answers to your questions about ductless mini-splits here.
What is a ductless mini-split system?
A ductless unit consists of an indoor wall-mounted air handler and an outdoor compressor, which are connected through a small hole in the wall. The system provides both heating and cooling, similar to a central heat pump. The big difference, as the name suggests, is that a ductless mini-split delivers conditioned air without ductwork.
How does a ductless mini-split system work?
In the summer, a mini-split AC removes heat from the air and exhausts it outside. In the winter, it runs in reverse, extracting heat from outdoor air and venting it to the interior. Mini-splits work best in warm climates where the temperature usually stays above freezing, making it ideal for the Palm Springs area.
What are the benefits of ductless mini-splits?
There are many reasons to upgrade to a ductless AC:
- Affordable installation with no need to install ductwork
- Quiet, inconspicuous operation without blocking a window
- Year-round comfort with heating and cooling capabilities
- More even temperatures in every room
- Zoning options with the ability to link four indoor air handlers to a single outdoor compressor
- Superior energy efficiency since no air is lost because of leaky ductwork
Contact Us for Ductless Mini-Split Services in Palm Springs & Palm Desert
When it comes to making heating and cooling choices, the General is always here to help. Our HVAC professionals have the knowledge and experience necessary to recommend solutions, install equipment, and keep your system up and running for years to come.
For ductless mini-split repair, installation, and maintenance near you, please contact us today! The General has proudly served Palm Springs and Palm Desert since 1984.