In the warm environment of our Coachella Valley, the last thing you want is for your air conditioning unit to fail. Fortunately, if you pay attention, there are a few things that you can do to spot the signs that your air conditioning unit could be on the brink of failure.
- No Power. Perhaps the most obvious sign is that you’ve turned on the air conditioning, but you don’t get much air blowing from the unit, if any at all.
- The Outdoor Condenser has Hard Starts. You can tell that your outdoor condenser is dealing with hard starts when you listen and hear it shaking and shuddering when the A/C unit starts.
- Unreliable Cooling From the Unit. If your air conditioner works well some days, but not others, that’s a big sign that your air conditioner is malfunctioning.
- Frequently Tripped Breakers. When the HVAC unit draws too much power as it starts up, it will trip a breaker and cut the power to the unit. This is a sign that the air compressor is failing and needs to be replaced.
- Your Air Conditioner Makes Unusual Noises. These noises can be caused by several issues and can often be resolved with a maintenance call. You might find that there are leaves and debris that hit the spinning fan blades, or the motor may be malfunctioning itself.
If you believe that you’re dealing with any of the symptoms of an air conditioner problem, the General’s troops can diagnose and often cure your air conditioner woes, possibly without replacing the entire system. Contact General Air Conditioning and Heating today to schedule a visit from one of our technicians or to learn about the heating, ventilation and air conditioning units that we offer to keep your summer bearable.