The dry desert air in the Coachella Valley is a classic double-edged sword. On the plus side, it makes the heat more bearable during the day and gives us our cool, comfortable evenings we enjoy so much.
But dry air can also mean your skin, eyes, nose, and throat all get too dry, which is uncomfortable. The low humidity in your home can cause all sorts of warping problems with wood floors and furniture.
Call General Air Conditioning and Plumbing to find out how adding a humidifier to your house can solve those problems and give you more benefits like:
- Reduced heating bills
- During our cool season, the extra moisture actually makes you feel warmer, which means you might be able to turn the heat down
- Reduce risk of infections
- Viruses and bacteria don’t travel well in moist air
- Fewer electric shocks
- The cat will love you because adding humidity will lessen static electricity in the home, meaning fewer shocking experiences for the family feline
- Improved sleep
- Raising the humidity can help lessen snoring for people who are prone to it
- Healthier houseplants
- They can improve indoor air quality by pulling more toxins out of the air